Matt Cassell traded, PS

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Feb 28 19:16:59 EST 2009

At 07:09 PM 2/28/2009, Mark Watson wrote:

>  I believe that WAMG/WLLH and WZNN are syndicated most if not all
> of the time weekends, not sure if WEEI has a live local Saturday
> afternoon show, I didn't think of tuning in to check on my way
> home, as I had been away from a radio all day and wanted to catch
> up with the latest news from WBZ. But as I mentioned in my previous
> reply, WBZ apparently was on the ball, getting Gil Santos on the
> phone for his take.

And I salute WBZ for having that kind of news-sense, since sports is
a big deal in Boston.  But what I heard on WEEI was syndicated, which
is a sad commentary on the state of broadcasting today-- back in the
not-so-long ago good old days, there was always somebody around doing
live and local in a top ten market like Boston... On WEEI when I
listened to the syndicated show, nobody was discussing the Patriots
at all-- nationally, I am told, people dislike the coach and don't
wanna talk about what the Patriots are doing.