More on the FD

Richard Chonak rac@gabrielmass.com
Sat Feb 28 19:14:48 EST 2009

Dan Billings wrote:
> Is it not a fact that when the doctrine was in effect that a broadcaster
> could face sanctions if they did not comply with it?
>
> If so, nothing I wrote was not factual.

As far as I can tell, Dan, your didn't contain any material contrary to
facts as we know them.

On the other hand, if the powers implied by the government regulation
were not fully used in the old days, your argument could be classified
as speculative, and not based on actual cases.  That doesn't make your
argument unreasonable.  Most arguments about a "chilling effect" are
somewhat speculative.

--RC