Matt Cassell traded

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Sat Feb 28 19:02:37 EST 2009

Donna Halper wrote:

> Speaking of sports-talk, am I the only one who is surprised the Patriots
> traded Mike Vrabel and Matt Cassel to Kansas City, and seemed to get very
> little for them in return?

  I am surprised also, considering that we don't know with 100% certainty
that Tom Brady will be ready to take the field when the new season opens, or
what the Pats get for draft picks.

  And now a radio and/or TV tie in to this thread, at 5:35 this afternoon on
WBZ radio, a roughly 2 minute phone interview, Kim Tunnecliffe (sp?) talking
with recently retired WBZ morning sports voice (and Patriots radio voice for
at least one more year) Gil Santos with his opinions on the trade. And he
was one of two former WBZ'ers heard in the 5:30 news, second story in was
about the Blue Cross/Blue Shield CEO's hefty pay raise, former news anchor
Jay McQuaide, who now works for Blue Cross/Blue Shield as their media
relations person spoke about the agency's take on the matter.

Mark Watson