WUNR/WKOX/WRCA

Brian Vita brian_vita@cssinc.com
Sat Feb 28 10:03:42 EST 2009

How about not trying to introduce too many variables into an equation at
once?

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Dan.Strassberg
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2009 8:06 AM
To: Boston Radio Interest
Cc: Riggs, Steve
Subject: WUNR/WKOX/WRCA

As of this morning, Saturday 2/28/09. the FCC Web site still shows the
status of WUNR's application for Program Test Authority as "accepted
for filing." That means that the FCC is not going to grant the
application at least until this coming Monday. If, for whatever
reason, WKOX and WRCA do not want to increase to their full CP power
until WUNR does so, that would mean that the earliest we are likely to
hear full power on 1200, 1330, and 1600 would probably not be until
Monday afternoon, and more likely Tuesday--if then.

I am mystified about why WRCA and WKOX do not appear to want to
increase power until WUNR does. I don't think there is any technical
or legal reason for the delay on the two stations whose applications
for PTA have already been granted. Maybe in these tough times, they
are trying to save on the power bills;>(

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367