More on the FD

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Fri Feb 27 18:11:07 EST 2009

I won't bother entering the URL, because Boston Globe articles often
disappear into the (paid) archives, but today's (Friday 02/27) paper
contained a lengthy article about the disappearance of a local sports
talk show on ESPN 890 (WAMG 890 Dedham/WLLH 1400 AM Lowell & Lawrence).
They intend to keep on keeping on with an utterly failed format until
they go bankrupt.  I'm not saying that the operation would blossom
into a ratings powerhouse if they switched to selected progressive talk
shows, but the path they've taken has been an abject failure for a lengthy
period of time.  Salem kept very-far-right talk on AM 1150 for a couple of
years with nothing to show for it.  Yet we keep hearing that radio-station-
owners, even the publicly-traded ones with a fiduciary responsibility to their
stockholders (now few in number) are best able to gauge the attractiveness of their
product in the markets they "serve" and to respond to it.  You betcha!

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
Get a Free Account at www.mail.com