More on the FD

Howard Glazer hmglaz@worldnet.att.net
Fri Feb 27 10:35:15 EST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Hopfgarten <paul@derrynh.net>

> As far as 'religious' broadcasts......
>
> The issue is NOT to ban, but to allow ANY to have equal access to the
> airways. If the Church of Satan wants a station or network, its allowance
> should be subject to the same rules as ANY OTHER church.
>
> Banning Religious broadcasts is NOT the answer.
>
> The real question that has NEVER really been tackled is WHAT IS A
> RELIGION

To me, it's any codified set of beliefs in a higher power or any other
supposed manifestation of the supernatural, even if it has only one
adherent. The hermit in a mountaintop cave who thinks he's discovered The
Answer has just as much right to call his set of beliefs a religion as the
Roman Catholic Church, the Shiites, the Hasidim or the Zoroastrians do.
Although he's probably not interested in buying time on WPZE to shout his
Answer to the No. 10 radio market, though.<g>

Howard