HD Radio receivers and HD-n (n>1) subchannels

Brian Vita brian_vita@cssinc.com
Thu Feb 19 11:54:29 EST 2009

With the Sangean units HDT and HDR's you tune, either manually or in scan to
the desired channel.  If it's available in HD (AM or FM) it will lock on and
automatically switch.  On FM, to get HD-2 or HD-3 you would then tap the
TUNE button once or twice to get to HD-2 or HD-3 respectively.

For a while I had WMJX-HD-2 on in my office.  This was apparently during the
period when they had troubles with their HD-2 feed.  I would go home with
HD-2 playing and come in the next morning to hear HD-1 playing (we leave the
system on 24/7).

I was unsure about the WBZ/WODS HD-3 feed but I tried it and it works like a
champ and sounds better than WBZ-AM-HD.

I'm in a hollow in Peabody with an attic mounted Radio Shack VHF/UHF/FM
antenna partially assembled in my attic.  Its soon to be replaced with a
TERK AM/FM HD outdoor antenna, if I can still get one.  My suppliers have
them but TERK has removed them from their site.  I'm guessing that they're
discontinued.  We installed one of these at WMWM for our OTA/EAS receivers
and the reception there is awesome.

Disclaimer:  I am a Sangean dealer.

Pro Cinema - Pro Audio - Pro & Consumer AV Equipment & Supplies

Brian Vita
President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
77 Walnut St - Ste 4