HD Radio receivers and HD-n (n>1) subchannels

Mark Laurence marklaurence@mac.com
Thu Feb 19 10:02:19 EST 2009

On Feb 19, 2009, at 9:08 AM, Jim Hall wrote:

> On my Sony XDR-S3HD there are no pushbuttons for HD:  you tune to the
> frequency and wait a second. If the radio detects HD, the display will
> change to From WXXX to WXXX-1, then you turn the main tuning knob
> one click
> to the right for the HD-2, another click for the HD-3 (and the
> display will
> change to WXXX-2 and WXXX-3).

That's the way it works on my Directed HD radio also.  One odd
behavior on this radio: no matter what HD station I'm listening to
when I go to sleep, the clock radio goes on with the analog station.
So if I went to sleep listening to Irish music on WTKK-HD2, I'd wake
up to Imus on WTKK-FM.  If I go to sleep listening to full-fidelity
WBZ-HD, I wake up to low-fi WBZ-AM.  I have to turn the radio off and
on again to get the HD to work.