DTV Transition - the view from Worcester

Jeff Lehmann jjlehmann@comcast.net
Wed Feb 18 00:23:16 EST 2009

> 68 ought to be on (unless they have taken to signing off late at
> night).  The rest (assuming your 13 was Portland) should be gone for
> good.  6-New Bedford will be on until April; 6-Portland will
> presumably be on until June 12, along with the other analogs you note
> as still being on.  Some money may have to change hands for Qualcomm
> to get 56 off the air earlier than June (just speculating).

68 is still on the air. I was recording WPRI as they signed off on 12. There
was no fanfare at all, and even the crawl that they'd been running on the
top of the screen was gone for the last half hour. I had WJAR-10 on another
TV, and they at least put a legal ID on the screen before pulling the plug.
Within minutes (maybe seconds), WWDP-DT was on the air on 10, and WNAC-DT
was on 12.

Jeff Lehmann
Hanson, MA