DTV trans in Burl/Platt

SteveOrdinetz hykker@wildblue.net
Tue Feb 17 08:57:58 EST 2009

Bob Nelson <raccoonradio@mail.com> wrote:
> WCAX/3 in Burl VT ran a feature on its 11p newscast last night (I'm in Rutland for a couple days) about the transition and showed a map with areas of green (you'll be able to pick up CH 3 on antenna) and orange (you won't). Many areas on NH, VT, and NY which used to pick up 3 fine, won't (though maybe a better antenna would help?)...Even some parts of Addison County, just to the south of Chittenden county!

Considering that in much of the north country/NEK WCAX is the only
American tv station that can be received over the air I'm guessing
there will be a lot of unhappy former viewers.  I suppose there's
always Vt. Public tv with their repeater on Burke Mt., but to fans of
CSI, Survivor, etc. that's not much consolation.
I wonder what (if any) options they have for increased power or maybe repeaters.