I'm headed to the beach

Robert S Chase attychase@comcast.net
Thu Feb 12 13:33:21 EST 2009

I would be a little careful here if you're thinking unemployment
compensation is in the cards for you. I don't know if that is something
you're eligible for but it looks like the way they're firing you is to make
you say $%*& you to the second weekend thereby arguably screwing up your
eligibility. It's one thing to be automatically eligible because you're laid
off, (if this was a position that would be eligible in the first place) it's
another thing to have to find a good cause exception to get it back after a
finding of disqualification because of a quit. Maybe some of the other
lawyers on this list serve who do more of this stuff have more or better
information.