WBZ 1030 on 103.3 HD2

Bill Smith brscomm@yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 09:56:38 EST 2009

KMOX is doing the same thing here in St. Louis on KEZK HD-3

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Sid Schweiger
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 7:55 AM
To: Boston Radio Group
Subject: RE: WBZ 1030 on 103.3 HD2

>>Deb Lawler mentioned to "listen to WBZ in HD on Oldies 103.3 HD channel 2"
(or something to that effect). I haven't heard it since, and there's no
mention of it on either the WBZ or Oldies 103.3 web sites.<<

Similar to what CBS Radio is doing in some of its other markets.  In New
York, for example, WCBS is on WCBS-FM-HD3, and WINS is on WWFS-HD3.

>>I'm not going to go off the deep end and predict this is a precursor to
moving the AM format to FM, but how many people have HD radios to take
advantage of this?<<

Short answer:  Not enough.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England