WBZ 1030 on 103.3 HD2

Jim Hall aerie.ma@comcast.net
Thu Feb 12 09:06:44 EST 2009

There is a fairly long discussion of this on Radio-Info. Apparently they
feel that in some office buildings where WBZ has problems because of the
steel, WODS HD3 will fill the gap.

Speaking of "anywhere 103.3 is audible, 1030 comes in just fine"...any plans
to put WRKO on WAAF HD3 to fill in those western suburbs? Hehe.

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
SteveOrdinetz
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 8:44 AM
To: Boston Radio Group
Subject: Re: WBZ 1030 on 103.3 HD2

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 8:17 AM, Maureen Carney <m_carney@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yesterday morning around 6:57 I was listening to WBZ in the car. At the
end of the segment, Deb Lawler mentioned to "listen to WBZ in HD on Oldies
103.3 HD channel 2" (or something to that effect). I haven't heard it since,
and there's no mention of it on either the WBZ or Oldies 103.3 web sites.
I'm not going to go off the deep end and predict this is a precursor to
moving the AM format to FM, but how many people have HD radios to take
advantage of this?

What does this gain WBZ?  Anywhere 103.3 is audible, 1030 comes in
just fine as well.