WBZ 1030 on 103.3 HD2

Jim Hall aerie.ma@comcast.net
Thu Feb 12 08:33:48 EST 2009

It's actually on WODS HD3, not HD2. The HD2 is music.

Which brings up a question. Is the agreement among some of the major
broadcasting groups to not air commercials on FM HD now over? I forget how
long the agreement was supposed to last. I guess CBS could argue that WODS
HD3 is not "originating" commercials though.

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Maureen Carney
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 8:18 AM
To: Boston Radio Group
Subject: WBZ 1030 on 103.3 HD2

Yesterday morning around 6:57 I was listening to WBZ in the car. At the end
of the segment, Deb Lawler mentioned to "listen to WBZ in HD on Oldies 103.3
HD channel 2" (or something to that effect). I haven't heard it since, and
there's no mention of it on either the WBZ or Oldies 103.3 web sites. I'm
not going to go off the deep end and predict this is a precursor to moving
the AM format to FM, but how many people have HD radios to take advantage of
this?