I'm headed to the beach

Neggy neggytive@yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 22:14:30 EST 2009

After close to 5 years as a weekend/fill in Board op for one of the minor players in the leased time ethnic game, I was informed today that my hours are being reduced to zero... next 2 weekends off, 2 weekends on, then I'm finished.
On the plus side I will be able to spend more time riding or flying on the weekends, Downside I will miss the people who bought time from us, really nice people who made working there fun.

The 2 stations will be staffed by the GM and the full time board op, who will take turns working the weekend hours and doing my other duties.

Time to take my license down off the wall and put it back in my briefcase. I doubt I'll ever make it back from the beach, and now that I have retired from the day job, maybe it's time to kick back and relax.

Times are tough, and the people who were buying time from us have either had to give up the shows due to lack of contributions from their listeners, or they headed to Chelsea where they can get time cheaper.

36 years since I got my 3rd class, 33 years since I got my Class 1 and walked into my first radio gig....