WSMN Could Be Returning To It's Original Studio Building

SteveOrdinetz hykker@wildblue.net
Mon Feb 9 18:36:16 EST 2009

At 05:34 PM 2/9/2009, Mark Watson wrote:
>  The Nashua Telegraph reports the developer who purchased the WSMN
> property a few years back with plans to build housing and a medical
> building on the site has now revised his plans, and has started
> negotiations with the station's owner about moving the station back
> into it's original building on West Hollis St. This is all subject
> to both sides coming to an agreement and city Planning Board
> approval. The article also mentions that WSMN has apparently found
> a site to construct a new 3 tower directional array, on land behind
> a convenience store on West Hollis St. near the Hollis town line,
> which is approx. a mile and a half west of their former site.

Call me a cynic, but I don't see this happening.  What incentive is
there for the station to move back to the old house it was in for
many years?  The building was run down even before the station moved
out, I can't imagine several years of sitting vacant has helped it
any.  The developer is broke and owes $100k in back taxes.  WSMN has
been a non-entity in the market for as long as I can remember...if it
weren't for the once co-owned 1590 Broadcaster, no one would even
know it existed.
Then there's that little matter of the the tower site.  Like that's
gonna happen in NIMBY-land like Hollis.  Just because the developer
has a handshake agreement with a property owner doesn't make it a done deal.