Boston TV stations cutting back on Spring Training

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Thu Feb 5 18:58:57 EST 2009

The Red Sox used to kid that their ad budget was $0

I know NESN is having problems moving spots (this started last
September) and I would have to think Entercom could really have a hard
time this season. Last year they had so many avails open begging for
clients to call the sales department. I have tried to run the math of
Red Sox radio over 162 games and it loks like a bloodbath for Entercom
given how many unsold slots there were last year.

In Chicago the White Sox have lost two huge corporate sponsors in
Pontiac and Bank of America and I know the Red Sox have delayed by at
least a year buying a new video board.