Boston TV stations cutting back on Spring Training

Sean Smyth ssmyth@psualum.com
Thu Feb 5 17:34:05 EST 2009

On Thu, 2/5/09, Kevin Vahey <kvahey@comcast.net> wrote:
> The Red Sox sellout streak most likely will end April 8th
> which is
> another indication at how bad things are.

The economy may be bad, but this is not a sign of Armageddon. Until the past few years, April games always had issues selling out. I went to an April day game 17 or 18 years ago, and there may have been 10,000 people in the park -- this was during vacation week, too, a day or a couple days after Patriot's Day.