top radio personalities in Boston?

SteveOrdinetz hykker@wildblue.net
Tue Dec 29 15:30:40 EST 2009

Howard Glazer wrote:
>And I remember listening to him (John Garabedian) mix progressive
>rock and album cuts with Top40 at little WGTR, with that primitive
>voicetracking that allowed either him
>or Don Kelley to be on the air seven days a week. Agree, a great radio
>personality, but a little too "out of the box" to become a legend rather
>than a cult figure.

I would put Larry Glick (mentioned earlier) in this category as
well.  Didn't Glick spend his entire career doing late
nights/overnights?  Most people aren't listening to the radio at 3am,
so I'm not sure there's even high name recognition outside of radio geeks.

Not sure what you mean by "out of the box" in reference to
Garabedian, but he didn't seem to stick with any one thing long
enough to become "legendary".  Good jock though, and V-66 definitely
deserves honorable mention (much better than MTV imho).  Got to sit
in on Open House Party a few times...it was amazing to watch him
doing the Saturday show live while simultaneously voicetracking the
Sunday night show, all with a studio audience of  a couple dozen.  A real pro.