Directional ex-Class IA AMs

Robert S Chase attychase@comcast.net
Thu Dec 17 16:15:37 EST 2009

I doubt very much that the "fountain" in the foreground
http://www.skywaves.com/bc/images/weaf_portwash01.jpg was either decorative
(too much iron pipe) or a waste water treatment plant so my guess is that it
was a water cooling sink for the transmitter. (AC not being a big thing in
the 40's but still a possibility.) How did it work?

Bob Chase