All-classical 99.5

Jeff Lehmann jjlehmann@comcast.net
Wed Dec 2 12:02:40 EST 2009

> Is WNCK running Stereo?  And would they being fed via over the air
> (99.5) or via other means (fiber, STL or satellite)?  The reason I ask
> is.... isn't there a 99.5 "God squad" translator on the Cape already?
> I'm sure it would impede the terrestrial signal from 99.5/Lowell.  Just
> curious....

I think WNCK began broadcasting in stereo around the time that it began
simulcasting WGBH. There was a short time when they first signed on, that it
was called "Nantucket Public Radio" and played music (oldies, I believe).

It must be fed in some other way than over the air, because when was out
there, there didn't appear to be any receive antennas on the tower. Plus,
I'd imagine that it would be difficult to receive 89.7 right next to 89.5.
They also have 91.1 WNAN right on the same tower.

Jeff Lehmann
Hanson, MA