1200 and 1430 not a simulcast this afternoon?

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Mon Aug 31 00:52:32 EDT 2009

On 30 Aug 2009 at 12:53, Dan.Strassberg wrote:

> There are two pairs of AM towers near Wellington Circle. The answer
> depends which pair you are talking about. The tall widely-spaced pair
> belongs to WEZE 590. These have been there since 1937 (although the
> original self-supporting towers that had stood on that spot for maybe
> 40 years were replaced by the present guy-supported towers in the late
> 70s or early 80s) . The much shorter and closer-spaced pair (shorter
> in absolute terms; closer spaced both in absolute terms and in
> relation to their height) belong to WXKS (AM). One of those is also
> used by WILD. Those have been there for perhaps 15 years.

Well, since the Archives gives the address of the 590 transmitter as
4068 Mystic Valley Parkway, and the address of the Cambridge District
Court is 4040 Mystic Valley Parkway, I'd say the towers I'm seeing
are WEZE 590.  The description seems to fit.  Here's a picture of the
court house, with one tower visible.

http://www.mass.gov/courts/courtsandjudges/courts/cambridgedistrict2.h
tml