WBZ-TV Not Airing Sen. Kennedy Memorial

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Fri Aug 28 19:50:15 EDT 2009

  I was curious as to how WBZ-TV would handle covering the Senator Kennedy
memorial remembrance that is scheduled to run from 7 to 9 tonight, as they
have a Patriots pre-season football game scheduled to air starting at 8. I
guessed the football game would have been sent to co-owned WSBK and 'BZ-TV
would air the Kennedy memorial. Nope. WSBK is carrying the Kennedy
remembrance, while 'BZ-TV ran "Wheel of Fortune" & "Jeopardy", which usually
run on 'SBK from 7 to 8. Thus WBZ will air the Pats at 8. Just curious as to
why the Patriots game has to air on 'BZ, is it because the contract says so
or is it because of cable or dish channel position?

Mark Watson