WDCR-AM 1340

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Thu Aug 20 00:08:53 EDT 2009

<<On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 23:41:48 -0400, I wrote:

> But if Vinikoor's 1490 can do it from a cell tower in Lebanon, then a
> 1340 could presumably work there too (assuming there are no issues
> with adjacent channels).

In digging through his application, it appears that the cell antennas
came later, or at least that he built the tower with the expectation
of having cell tenants on it.  It's also guy-wire top-loaded, which I
did not know.  It's electrically a half wave on 1490, which would be
about 0.45 wave on 1340.  He shows a rather odd 25.5-mV contour for an
omni, which is apparently the result of using the ground-conductivity
data that he collected for his WQTH application.  (1490's NIF is 25.5
mV/m, and the tower was sited specifically to put as much of the
population of Lebanon as possible within that contour.)

-GAWollman