WXKW Albany

Matthew Osborne mattosborne1976@yahoo.com
Thu Aug 13 19:28:31 EDT 2009

Actually, I believe they were indeed on AM 850 - co-channel to WHDH, and only 40 kc above WGY.  The story I heard was that the moment they first went on the air WGY immediately filed lawsuits and FCC complaints that they were interfering with them, which prevented them from ever getting beyond the Special Temporary Authority phase of licensing.  That is what doomed them...

That's a neat story about recording the signal level toward Boston - I had never heard it before, but it makes perfect sense given the frequency used.

                                         Matt Osborne
                                         Rotterdam, NY