OK, Engineering Types: Explain This Again

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Sat Apr 25 16:38:54 EDT 2009

Laurence Glavin wrote:
> So I have this question
> for the engineering types...explain to me again how after TV stations have turned OFF their analog
> transmitters, they can still be identified as being on those channels even though people
> using over-the-air TVs will be getting them on the permanent DTV assignments?

Because you're supposed to do what those 16 zillion PSAs running every
20 seconds are telling you to do: rescan your converter box. (And then
do it again after June 12.)

That will cause your box to do what it's supposed to do and remap the
DTV channels.