WFXT-DT Channel 31 At Full Power

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Tue Apr 21 17:07:29 EDT 2009

WFXT-TV, channel 25 in the Boston area, with a pipsqueak analog signal, has finally boosted its DTV station to its full
authorized power of 780 KW @ about 1190 feet on channel 31; apparently it's been running at one-tenth of that ERP for some time,
even though the analog output sputtered out to nearly nothing late last fall.  Thus, on my tabletop TV in the kitchen with a
digital-to-analog box, WFXT-DT comes in with as much juice as WGBH-DT; WBZ-DT; WCVB-DT (hey, since the calls 'WCVB' meant
'channel 5 in boston' using the roman numeral for 5, shouldn't the call letters be changed to WXXB, or something like that?);
WHDH-DT on channel 42 (we'll have to wait until June 12th and WHDH-DT's move to its ultimate home on VHF channel 7 to see
how that works out);  and last on this list of major Boston stations: WGBX-DT 1,2,3 and 4.  All of these stations seem to
be operating at max, and reaching out to my location about 30 miles north of the antenna farm in Newton/Needham.
(I guess this means that WMFP-DT and WBPX don't rate as major stations;  the former has in fact boosted its signal on
channel 18 to nearly as strong where I live as the other guys, but so far I receive NO signal from WBPX-DT, which
I understand is transmitting from the candelabra tower from which WFXT emanates.)

--
It's News. It's Reviews. It's Interviews. It's Free. What Are You Waiting For?
www.movieline.com