W243CD 96.5 Gloucester, MA

Paul B. Walker, Jr. walkerbroadcasting@gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 09:51:44 EDT 2009

>From fybush.com's NERW:

Owner Central Broadcasting Company has just applied to buy translator W243CD
(96.5 Gloucester) from Radio Assist Ministry for $45,000 after an earlier
sale of the license failed to close over the winer, and there's a
newly-filed application to move the translator down the dial to 95.9. Will
the next step be a series of hops to move that translator west into the
Fitchburg market?

*Paul's Note: As Fybush's column suggest, we'll soon see a relay of WEIM on
95.9, which is good! I have a friend down in Arkansas who has two FM
translators for his NW Arkansas AM signal*,* and one of them came in from
Oklahoma and had to be moved in 2 or 3 hops, all the while rebroadcasting an
unrelated FM statioon just to keep the translator alive.

Oh, and I'm not surprised the earlier sale of the license failed to close
over the winter. I wonder what kinda comment we'll get if we dial 603
742-3333 , which I think was the number on the application. You'll end up
calling another radio station along the NH Seacoast, that's all I know.

-- *
Sincerely,
Paul B. Walker, Jr.
www.onairdj.com