5 Other Reasons the Boston Globe Faces Closure

A. Joseph Ross Joe@attorneyross.com
Mon Apr 13 17:27:03 EDT 2009

On 13 Apr 2009 Doug Drown wrote:

> No, I guess I don't get it.  The present-day Herald, however
> far-removed journalistically and (as it were) genealogically from the
> old Herald, isn't in any way its legal successor?   -Doug

Exactly.  The Record American bought the physical plant and the name,
and perhaps some contracts for comic strips and syndicated columns.
The Herald-Traveler Corporation changed its name to WHDH, Inc. and
continued as operator of WHDH and WHDH-FM.  I don't know whether
assumption of some of the Herald Traveler's debt was part of the sale
price, but the Herald Traveler Record American was the continuation
of the Record American.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                   617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700            Fax: 617.507.7856