Boston TV booth announcers

linc45r-n@lincster.com linc45r-n@lincster.com
Sun Apr 12 23:46:28 EDT 2009

At WBZ, Lindy (Linwood) Miller and Jack Borden were Booth announcers, and
toward the end Chuck Austin as well..Linc
----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Drown" <revdoug1@myfairpoint.net>
To: "Boston Radio Interest Board"
<boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2009 4:30 PM
Subject: Boston TV booth announcers

A question that popped into my mind while traveling today:  Who were the
principal booth announcers for Channels 4, 5 and 7 during the '50s and '60s?
I'm thinking that Dick Tucker and Art Amadon did announcing for Channel 4
and that Frank Avruch did some for 5 (though I may be altogether wrong on
all counts --- I was a kid back then).  I have no idea who did Channel 7,
though I remember the voice.

Then there was the distinctive Brahmin twang of William Pearce on Channel 2,
who was actually from Maine.

-Doug