ANdrew8-8000

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Wed Apr 8 17:39:13 EDT 2009

Bill Smith wrote:

 The host of Telephone Trading Time was supposed
> to repeat the caller's number, some hosts actually figured out what the
> biddies meant to say, but when a certain legendary sports announcer
> filled
> in, he read the sports agate page and never listened to the callers beyond
> their first words (caller: yes, today I have a collection of Barbies with
> missing heads and limbs"  LSA:  "Grreat many people are looking for that"
> and back to the Expos-Giants box score), which is working without a net
> when
> all you've got is a three-second mechanical delay. He'd finally notice
> they
> had stopped babbling about the treasures they sought to sell,usually after
> long  morning of trash-picking ("sorry, no used cars, tires or oil
> burners"), look up from the newspaper, and hit the next call.

  IIRC, in the recorded opening for  WCAP's "TTT", weren't the" forbidden
items" automobiles, mattresses, real estate or firearms? And who was the
legendary sports announcer you are referring to? I'm guessing it's not John
Tucker, he did high school football on Saturdays but also held down AM drive
for a while in the 70's, the AM drive host's dutues usually included
hosting "TTT" . I thinking of a sports announcer with the initials J.S.

Mark Watson