WEIM changes

Martin Waters martinjwaters@yahoo.com
Tue Apr 7 19:39:59 EDT 2009

--- On Tue, 4/7/09, Paul Anderson <paulranderson@charter.net> wrote:
> So assuming WMAS Springfield had those calls since the
> beginning, that's two sets of heritage call letters gone
> just this week.

     WMAS was the original call sign, 1932. It was the second station in Springfield, and all of western Massachusetts, after WBZ, which I believe had by then done the call letter switch with WBZA.

     Perhaps Mr. Fybush can tell us whether the WMAS self-supporting AM tower behind the station building on the banks of the mighty Conn. River (which also holds the FM antenna) is the original tower.