Somewhat OT: Times Co. threatens to shutter Boston Globe.

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sun Apr 5 15:29:10 EDT 2009

At 03:09 PM 4/5/2009, Paul Hopfgarten wrote:
>And Raymond's, King's, Gem.............

The march of the defunct department stores would also include
Gilchrist's, R.H. White, and I'm sure in Providence, the last of the
Shepard Stores (yeah, it was in the early 70s, but it started a
trend!).  And what about the record stores-- I recall newspapers
running HUGE ads for New England Music City, Strawberries, Tower Records, etc.