Somewhat OT: Times Co. threatens to shutter Boston Globe.

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 14:57:00 EDT 2009

A. Joseph Ross wrote:
> Or reading the paper on the T while commuting to and from work.

I was reading the three-star Herald on the commuter rail from Lowell to
Boston and it it looked like I was done with it. An older gent came up
to me and said, "You done with the Record?"

Here in Addison County, we have two papers, one is a weekly (Eagle), the
other is Mon & Thurs (Addison Independent and the Monday is threatened I
hear).  It took the longest time for me to get used to no daily papers
to read. I consider the Rutland Herald and Burlington Free Press
redundantly left in a same-thinking climate. No risk, no challenge to
prevailing thought, etc.)  There is no Internet substitute for the
paper.  They each surve a purpose. Inevitable that we will not have an
option.

Bill O'Neill