WHDH snubs Leno

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Thu Apr 2 22:53:27 EDT 2009

Now that Hearst is selling its share of NECN to Comcast perhaps there is a change in strategy. WMUR-DT is on Comcast in the Framingham area, at least. Maybe Hearst can flip that to NBC without losing much. As for WHDH, I never understood why Sunbeam signed them to an NBC affiliation when there were such hostile feelings over what happend with WSVN. I guess it was easier to just plug into "ER" or "Law and Order" than to come up with alternate programming.

I'm not sure the Leno show works either, but someone had to try something outside the box.