WLNG's Paul Sidney Dies

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Thu Apr 2 17:53:05 EDT 2009

Paul B. Walker Jr. wrote:

> Paul Sidney, the president emeritus, general manager, co-owner and
> ubiquitous on-air host of WLNG 92.1 FM radio in Sag Harbor, died on
> Wednesday night. He was 69.
> Mr. Sidney had been an on-air voice at WLNG since the station began in
> 1963.

  I recall the first time I heard WLNG in 1990, when I went to visit friends
who were living at that time in Groton CT. Definitely a unique sound, and
since they've been streaming on line I do listen to them a couple of hours a
week, plus I always listen on the radio when I am driving along the Southern
CT. shoreline. The article says that WLNG will continue what they've been
doing since 1963, as that's the way Paul would want it. An example of live &
local full service radio that works. Not many of those left.

   I am listening to them on line as I type this. Evening jock Chuck Mackin
made mention of the sad day at "Broadcast House". Also, he announced WLNG
will be airing a tribute to Paul Sidney Friday from 1 to 2 PM.

Mark Watson