Looking for suggestion for travel radio with good AM performance, but cheap

John Bolduc n1qgs@yahoo.com
Thu Apr 2 13:05:39 EDT 2009

For my trip to the Florida Keys, I think I'll leave my GE SuperRadio behind. I like it's performance, but it's too big when traveling very light.  I would like to make room for my ham radio HT, the AM radio and my larger digital camera in a camera bag!

Is there anything available that could somewhat approach the GE SuperRadio, but at 1/2 or less it's size, and for considerably less than $75.

I acutally had a little Radio Shack portable that cost about $18 on sale, had good reception, but the tuning mechanism "fell apart".

Built in speaker and an earphone jack are a must!

John B