Kurtz, Wash Post: Rush's ratings bump real (12+)

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Wed Apr 1 12:38:56 EDT 2009

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/31/AR2009033101032_pf.html

Howard Kurtz said he took some heat for reporting a ratings bump for Rush Limbaugh as a result of the "Rush vs. Obama"
controversy. Now he offers real numbers (admittedly 12 plus), and perhaps el Rushbo should forward some nice cigars
to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. (though the Prez may be trying to quit) as a thank you. Yes, a certain blogger is mentioned
but he does give real numbers, and that certain blogger for the record was also the one who, as far as I know, broke
the story about Leveille's layoff. Take blogs with a grain of salt of course, but...

And of course, what goes up, must come down, spinning wheel got to go round; Rush's ratings could just as easily deflate
in the future, too.

Meanwhile, with WKOX's stronger signal it's ironic Clear Channel dropped libtalk in late 2006; wonder what kind of
ratings they'd get now with prog talk? I'm sure there would be a little improvement, at least. Who knows. But apparently
Rumba brings in the dinero. (There also were rumors over the years of CC changing 1200 to conservative talk, perhaps
even moving Rush, Beck, etc. there, but I don't know if that would happen or if they felt 1200 would not do well
vs. WTKK, WBZ, and WRKO, etc.) In any case, up here on  the north stretch of 128, 1200's signal is doing better by day and night as well.