Cuts at WJAR

TVNETDUDE@aol.com TVNETDUDE@aol.com
Wed Apr 1 10:35:53 EDT 2009

I'm afraid that the days of the local TV station are numbered. NBC's&O
division today (April 1st), is having it's O&O stations operated by an  outside
vendor down south. This is something I thought I would never see the  O&O's were
always a gold mine and having an outside vendor operate master  control was
out of the question. Not anymore. There is now talk of feeding  the cable
company head-ends directly completely bypassing local TV  stations.

Mike  Hemeon

In a message dated 4/1/2009 1:27:49 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
boston-radio-interest-request@tsornin.BostonRadio.org writes:

>>I never thought I'd see a time where TV and radio were in as  bad shape as
the newspaper industry.

Media General is looking to  cluster properties (newspapers, TV) in
geographic markets as much as possible,  see Tampa, so I would not be surprised if they
dumped WJAR at some point soon  (if they can find a  buyer).<<<

**************New Low Prices on Dell Laptops – Starting at $399
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220631247x1201390185/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
eclick.net%2Fclk%3B213540506%3B35046329%3Bx)