Florida Keys antenna tower sites

Robert F. Sutherland madprof@ix.netcom.com
Wed Apr 1 02:45:11 EDT 2009

Live Search / Virtual Earth aerial view (unknown date) shows the
4 Radio Marti towers   _BUT_  FCC AM query no longer lists it,
only 1180 in FL an app near Pensacola
(Why would Radio Marti be discontinued?
I'd think the beam to Cuba was still valuable)

AM query shows WFFG 1300 Marathon,
   near sw corner of Boot Key, sw of Marathon.
yes, WKIZ 1500 Key West
WKWF 1600 Key West, near rt1, east end of Key West.

I did wide (120km) FCC AM, FM & TV Queries,
centering from Marathon,  24:42:48,81:05:26
which is close enuf to mid all Keys.

Several FM's on Key West, Marathon, Key Largo
and other Keys.
Low power TV's exist on Key West & others.
WSBS-TV 3 & WGEN-TV 8: FCC maps sw part of Key West

FM query shows 115 licensed, applications, etc,
TV query: 79 listings
(too much to list in BRI, I invite you to view for yourself)
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/amq.html    for AM query.
"output" set on "AM Query: detailed output and CDBS links"
then below "submit" line is the "stations within a radius",
enter distance (ie 120km) and coordinates (Marathon).
The page also connects to FM & TV queries.

If you wish, I could Email you the text listings,
but they do not include the local map links.

I have old Topozone maps of Key West & Marathon,
& also some gifs from 2002 of tower locations,
Key West AM/FM/TV, Marathon AM/FM, Key Largo FM
(don't have the URL, or updates)
If you would like them, I could Email directly
(no attachments in BRI)

And (OffTopic) if you are a fan of Spider Robinson's
"Callahans Key", enjoy Key West!
(sci-fi author, wicked punster).

Bob Sutherlan