"You Must Remember This"

Doug Drown revdoug1@verizon.net
Thu Sep 25 15:20:03 EDT 2008

Last evening, Maine Public Television featured PBS' "American Masters" retrospective on the history of Warner Bros.  The show kept cutting out --- so frequently that after a while it became really irritating.  I would be willing to bet that we viewers had lost at least ten minutes of the installment by the time the two hours were over.  The show would play, then suddenly nothing --- no sound, no picture, just a black screen.  After a minute or two (or three, or more) it would start up again.  It looked like this might have been a satellite downlink problem.  I'm wondering whether it also happened on WGBH and other PBS stations.

-Doug