WBZ's IDs

Todd Glickman radio88@radio88.net
Tue Sep 23 12:10:43 EDT 2008

The voice opening the new TOH ID is Gary LaPierre.  It's also good to
hear again the five-tone jingle that WBZ used extensively in the 70s
and 80s (it's tucked between the "WBZ" and the "WBZ-HD, Boston.")

Here's a link to some of my archived WBZ jingles and out-takes.  As I
recall most of their 70s packages were done by TM Productions of Dallas.
http://web.mit.edu/glickman/www/audio/WBZnostalgia.mp3

I was an intern at WBZ in the mid-70s for Norm Macdonald and Don
Kent.  Sure, drawing their weather maps with the tempra marker was
fun.  But what I really enjoyed was after the 11pm Saturday night TV
news, going down to radio and watching Listo Fisher do the midnight
WBZ news, then leading in to Robin Young's overnight show.

-Todd

==========================

Todd Glickman
Certified Broadcast Meteorologist
WCBS Newsradio-880
New York City, NY
Email:	radio88@radio88.net
http://www.radioweather.net

Todd Glickman '77
Associate Director, Office of Corporate Relations
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, W98-400
600 Memorial Drive, 4th Floor
Cambridge, MA 02139
Email:	glickman@mit.edu
Phone:	(617) 452-2457