Lobel's First Day

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 08:56:05 EDT 2008

I listened a little on my way into work this morning. The liners have him as the official co-host, but Karen Blake kept refering to him as the "guest host". They're still playing music and taking calls but that needs to be worked out a little smoother. No sooner does a caller get on the air then they have to go to a commerical break. Lobel seemed (at least to me) a little ill at ease, which is to be expected. It's been 30 years since he's done a daily radio show, and we all know he's not a morning person. Personally, if Lobel is to succeed in the format he needs a co-host of his chosing. This is nothing aginast Karen Blake, who is a solid professional. Bobby just would function better with someone who knows where he's going rather than someone trying to lead him.

Just my .02.

Maureen