Uncle Dale's replacement...

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Sun Sep 21 01:12:26 EDT 2008

Sure they could.  If CBS wanted to move the WBZ format to FM, they
would probably want to simulcast on both frequencies for awhile
anyway.  They could apply for WBZ-FM and since it's a co-owned
station in the same market, it would be granted without a problem.
Once the simulcasting was done and lets say 1030 changes it's call
letters (why you'd want to do that I have no idea) CBS could then
petition the FCC modify the WBZ-FM calls to drop the -FM suffix and
just go with WBZ.  Unless CBS decided to sell 1030 outright, I can't
see this happening, but the news-talk format moving to FM is
something I can envision down the road.

-Dave Tomm