Newburyport Secedes From Massachusetts

Dave Doherty dave@skywaves.net
Thu Sep 11 18:51:31 EDT 2008

Hi Laurence-

It was a wild and wooly filing window.

There were lots of things like that:

An app for a station in the upper midwest with coordinates in Louisiana.

Another in the Midwest with coords near Kingston, NY.

Lots of apps that protected themselves from interference, but forgot to
protect existing stations.

But I DO like your interpretation. I wonder if we could move Worcester to a
tax haven like Cancun in the same manner?

:-)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laurence Glavin" <lglavin@mail.com>
To: <boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 4:54 PM
Subject: Newburyport Secedes From Massachusetts

Do you live in Massachusetts?  Do you think your taxes are too high or your
politicians are too corrupt?  Just talk your City or Town government into
seceding from Massachusetts!  It seems to have worked for Newburyport:

http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/fmq?list=0&facid=173239

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses