Doug Taylor out at 102.9 DRC-FM in Hartford....

Howard Glazer hmglaz@worldnet.att.net
Sat Oct 11 17:52:03 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul B. Walker, Jr. <walkerbroadcasting@gmail.com>

> Long time afternoon drive host at WDRC-FM Hartford, Doug Taylor was let go
> this week.
>
> Larry Wells moves to Afternoon Drive and overnight host Floyd Wright moves
> to Middays.
>
> Last week, while talking on the air about a BIG D Legends of Rock n Roll
> Concert, he referred to Gary Puckett by accident as Gary F&^kit.
>
> Could this be why he was let go? Just pure speculation on my part.
>

> Paul Walker

The Hartford Courant article today says it was a cost-cutting move, as Mary
Jones, midday host on WDRC(AM), was also let go -- replaced by bird-fed
Glenn Beck -- as was a personal assistant to AM morning host Brad Davis.
Buckley Broadcasting is preparing for an extended economic downturn,
according to DRC GM Eric Fahnoe.

Howard