Letter/number nicknames, and "rounding off"...

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Tue Oct 7 00:29:44 EDT 2008

On 6 Oct 2008 at 7:35, Sid Schweiger wrote:

> Are you sure WFCR is running HD, and if so, are you sure they're not
> ID'ing as WFCR, WFCR-HD1 on the air (remember there's no legal ID
> requirement for online stations)?

What I know is that I listen to them online in my office, both the
analog and the HD2 channel.  I also listen sometimes on my car radio
when I'm in Western Massachusetts.

When I'm in my office, at 4:00, when the analog channel stops playing
classical music and goes to All Things Considered, I change to the
HD2, which starts doing classical music at that time.  So far as I
can tell, there is no difference between their analog channel over
the air and its streaming version.

I'll try to pay attention to the ID and see if I'm remembering wrong,
but it's my best recollection that the analog channel IDs simply as
WFCR (and its various relays in Western Massachusetts).  They
probably also mention Web streaming.  The HD2 channel IDs as WFCR-
HD2.