[SPAM]Letter/number nicknames, and "rounding off"...

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Fri Oct 3 20:26:28 EDT 2008

Ah! The old X-15 Air Force!

Some others were:

Y-102 for the old WLYN-FM (101.7)

Z-107 for the old WBZ-FM (106.7)

JB-105 for the old WPJB Providence (105.1)

Do they still use PRO-92 for WPRO-FM (92.3)?

Z-94 for the WZOU incarnation of 94.5

WVBF was also "Boston 105" at one point

Of course WJIB was "97" all it years at 96.9

-Paul Hopfgarten
-Derry NH