WCBS Newsradio 880 in HD, FM that is!

Don A donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 15:34:14 EDT 2008

>> Unfortunatly HD radio sounds like a lame duck, much like AM stereo and
>> UHF converter boxes (before all channel TVs became mandated).
>
> Are HD radios becoming routine in cars?

Most automakers make this as an option

Volvo installs them in all their new cars.

Most people don't pick/choose all their options...they buy their cars off
the lot...for the price they want to pay.

I also dont think most people go into dealers asking for cars with factory
installed XM/Sirius either....some cars just come with it.

I think HD will be the same.

There are the naysayers who are ready to declare HD a failure because it
hasn't become as popular as analog in 24 months.