WCBS Newsradio 880 in HD, FM that is!

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 15:19:57 EDT 2008

Maureen Carney wrote:
> It sounds like a good idea, but how many people are going to rush out and buy the HD radio set just to get WEEI and WRKO? Unfortunatly HD radio sounds like a lame duck, much like AM stereo and UHF converter boxes
I think we'll see them phased in at the retail level and absorbed into
the marketplace. I agree that there's no sense of urgency to run out and
buy one.  I do think that once even base level cars come standard with
integrated radios with satellite where HD locals and nationals are all
seamlessly accessed that there will be a place for terrestrials to wake
up and do local radio again.  That will be the only thing a national
radio station can't. So, I remain hopeful.

Bill O'Neill